Egypt's Connection to Puma Punku

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Marcus6185, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Marcus6185 Registered Member

Why has no one made this connection? There is a technique for pouring molten metal into a carved out anchor on 2 seperate stone blocks to hold them together. This technique is used in both Puma Punku and Egypt and we all know that Puma Punku is way older than the Valley of the Kings. I have photo evidence of this but I am new and the site won't let me post links or attach files yet. I would like to know why the connection hasn't been made though, could someone help me with thate answer?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Marcus6185 Registered Member

There is also evidence of this technique being used at Ollantaytambu as well. Once again, why has no one made the connection to Egypt? Because thousands of years after Puma Punku was constructed this technique was common in the construction of the structures in the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Discussions of Puma Punku might be better suited for the History subforum.

On the topic, a similarity of techniques in metal working is not very strong evidence of a connection. It might serve to spark one to look for other connections, but similar and even identical technologies develop are know to have developed in parallel in a number of cases (like, for example, the independent development of the Hall-Heroult process from extracting aluminum, Newton and Liebniz developing calculus at around the same time, Darwin and Wallace's developing natural selection based evolutional theories, etc.)

Moreover, if there were direct connections, why would other simpler Egyptian technology not have passed? Why not the insight of using the wheel to do work? (It would have to work in that direction, since the site is not "way olde than the Valley of the Kings, so far as archeology can ascertain...they date it as being 500-950 A.D., so the Valley of the Kings site would be 1500-2500 years older than that.)

Before anyone would take the claim very seriously you would either need very strong evidence of a cultural cross-pollinization or, good evidence and some strong evidence that the Egyptians had ocean going vessels of some sort.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.