Random weird episode via SMS

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tiassa, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

A real SMS conversation I just had, slightly redacted for the benefit of another:

(Unrecognized Number): Whatup Homey D!?

Tiassa: Oh, ye know. How ye be?

(Unrecognized Number): Sitting here waiting for A__ to show up. Other than that, doing OK considering.

Tiassa: Cool. What phone is this? Don't have this # in my list?

Tiassa: Other than that, ye swingin by later? Em's in bed, got one beer left.

(Unrecognized Number): Swingin by later!? I'm at home in _____! [Note: Location over 100 miles away.]

Tiassa: Now I'm so damn confused. Thinking of the wrong A__.

(Unrecognized Number): No, this is N__ W__. Amy is a girl that is coming over to my place in about 10 minutes.

(Unrecognized Number): Me, N__!

Tiassa: N__, I'm trying not to embarrass myself, but I'm wracking my brain...but... Okay, maybe I'm drunk. I...I...I'm drawing a blank. You trying to reach BD?

(Unrecognized Number): Is there beer tonight?

(Unrecognized Number): This is large and rounded trombone player N__ W__ from ____. [Note: Location is school of expected former association.]

Tiassa: [Msg. to brother] Strange question. Getting SMS from trombonist N___ W___, formerly of _____, now in _____. Do I know him?

Tiassa: [To N__ W___] I guess the question is how I know you and how loaded I was when we met. I'm in Bothell. I'm drawing a complete blank. Found recital program online ca. ____ [Note: Year of recital.]

(Unrecognized Number): We met at ___, I think in marching band. We were in a brass quintent...um...you must be really drunk tonight :D

Tiassa: In truth, sir, I think I'm the wrong guy. Dropped out of Univ. of Oregon. Found the _____ '09 program list. Sounds like a good show.

Tiassa: But, frankly, I'm not ringing any bells. Never did brass quintent. Who can I help you find?

(Unrecognized Number): Yes, you are. I am off by one number.

Tiassa: Ah. Good luck. The beer is Deschutes Inversion, by the way. Take it easy, man.

No, really. Damnedest thing. Happens, I guess. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out who it was. Thought at first it was a friend, who was meeting a friend, and would tell me because it was significant in terms of, well, er ... something hazy. And she lets her phone battery die a bunch. Then I thought maybe it was another friend, except he's in the wrong area code, and just across the river from where N__ is. You know, maybe he finally moved again; we lose touch every time he switches phone services. But I also have friends at the other location, where N___ met whoever he was trying to reach, and I'm usually just pounded when I'm out there, so I'm thinking maybe I did ... er ... something hazy ... with the guy. Or maybe a friend is having a joke through him, or something. Or, of course, maybe it's someone looking for my brother, and getting me instead; that's always possible, too. Hell, I even considered that it might be someone from Sciforums. Turns out he was, well, one number off.

Absolutely bizarre.

And I'm on only my first beer of the night. Had one this afternoon, but I'm miles from actually being drunk.

(Insert Twilight Zone theme here.)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

which is why you gotta make the most of it and go with the flow. play along as much as you can. troll!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I had a weird one once when I had a phone, first message was "I'll meet you in ____ carpark at 9pm". Then the next day, a message that kind of sound like someone was pissed because their deal hadn't been made.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.