How to deal with a powerful, courageous, proud and confident Hindu?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wynn, Sep 10, 2010.

1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

There is a kind of people who have supremacism of all kinds running through their veins.
    The world does not really exist for them.
    They do as if they know everything better than you.
    They do as if they know you better than you know yourself.
    They are powerful, courageous, proud and confident.
    They often take birth in the Holy Land, in India.
    They have an innate contempt for everyone who is not from there.

How to deal with a powerful, courageous, proud and confident Hindu?

Do we really have no choice but to simply ignore them?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm really not familiar with the issue, but why are you focusing on Hindus?
    You know Hinduism is a religion right?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jmpet Valued Senior Member

First always, with such claims, you have to ask: do they have a valid point? To get a true answer, you need to research and interview. In this example with a Hindu, you need to research Hinduism then speak to this confident, head strong Hindu and question his moral authority to be speaking from such a high ground.

I think the more you speak to someone who claims to be morally/ethically/politically/religiously superior, the more you will find they represent core ethical virtues, which, were you a virtuous person, coincide with your beliefs.

But one thing you should not do is dismiss someone outright for their moral standing.

Hinduism is a wonderful religion- like all other religions. It has its strengths and it has its flaws. But overall, like all religions, it's positive.

For me personally, there is no god but God. I go from there.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Emil Valued Senior Member

Everything is perspective.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How to deal with me a powerful, courageous, proud and confident Hindu?

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Learn from them where they are knowledgeable, dispute them when they are wrong.

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

10. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Easy - submit and convert en masse to Hinduism.

Whats this thread all about? Did a Hindu kick you in the shins or something?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I find rcscwc pretty easy going myself. He appears to be confrontational only because he is enthusiastic about his point of view. He doesn't mean to be patronising anymore than Fraggle does, he just lacks the political correctness to appear otherwise.

How to deal with him? The way you would with anyone else in a discussion group.

12. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

To be sure there are powerful, courageous, proud and confident muslims, xians, jews etc, as also black africans. Why Hindus are your special target?

And what do you proppose how such a Hindu should be dealt with. Persecution? Special punitive taxes? Business disabilities on them? Ostracise them? Or just banish them?

But the only thing you should do, you SHALL not do. Try to understand them.

Sure enough, SAM is a powerful, courageous, proud and confident Muslim. But he does not have a special agends like you Hindus.

Thread smacks of hatred toward Hindus.

Do you have that choice even?

Pigeon philosophy.

On seeing a cat, pigeons shut rgeir eyes, pretending that cat has gone away. But it is very much. Results are tragic from pigeon POV, but good from cat POV.

Yeah think of that. How is it insulting anyone? I am sure even you cannot complain in this regard. You think Mods will not pull me up?

SAM said I may not always be politically correct. My question: Whose politics? I am forthright in my views, no camoflage. And I too may have a certain view about political correctness. It is so subjective.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  13. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

A yaksha prashna ie An Important and Crucial question.

Why deal with me? Why not deal with my posts?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I am also not politically correct. I think it is an Indian thing, we are rather free with our opinions. So what?

Exactly :thumbsup:

15. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

This is rather escapist/defeatist, don't you think?

In my experience, Hindus - at least the sterotype Hindu, and we have at least one such here - best exemplify what I am getting at.
    Much of their behavior is, by our Western standards, manipulative, passive aggressive or sophistry.
    I am stupefied as to what a person must think of themselves in order to behave that way.

16. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

So this:

But perhaps I am just a meek and weak Westerner and you people are more into the whole survival of the fittest business, and do it much more openly, not letting yourself be restrained by concerns over logical fallacies, lack of education and such.
    As if you just want to win, no matter what means you use toward that end.

Which is of course your God given right.
    But it does make for very poor communication.

17. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Well, if you think this is what I mean by "ignoring" - then the better for me, I suppose.

18. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

First off your westren "standards" cannot be my benchmarks. You seem to be awing me by flaunting them. What about my standards?

In our p[erception, you are, at least a stereotype westrener, :
    Arrogant, having no feeling for rights of otrhers.
    Loudmouths, using swear words as a way of life.
    For you the world does not exist outside your shell.
    Are in general ignorant of history and geography of the world.

There are others too, which will sting you badly.
    Try it then.

Warning: You can hate, despise, run down Hindus. But ignore you cannot.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  19. Doreen Valued Senior Member

I am pretty sure I can ignore them. I certainly won't get eaten or attacked like in the pidgeon cat analogy. I can't seem to hate or despise or run them down however. Not as a group. As individuals I am quite sure I can do these/feel these things. I seem to have no internal block to doing this with members of any group.

20. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Is this an Indian thing? Aren't Indians just like other people, in that they have - individually and in groups - ideas about what is politically correct and what is not? Aren't you here (in other threads) criticizing what you see as racist or religionist or nationalist or corporatist? Do you not think the people you disagree with are being politically incorrect? Or are you fully relativist?

21. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Sounds like your sense of Westerners is similar to Signal's sense of this Hindu whomever he or she is.

I think in a sense, Signal was reacting to your posts seeming as if

I looked at your posts and most of them that I found were on subjects I felt I could not weigh in. I could not find a certainty point in relation to your certainty. So it is hard for me to judge.

By the way I hadn't noticed Signal's swear words or ignorance of history and geography. I will keep my eyes out.

22. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

We do have our ideas of PC, and they are always congruent with yours. Need not be.

Can't we criticise what we perceive as racial or bigotry?

We can disagree with others' POV, but we accept their rights in this regard.

What is relativist?

23. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

But I did not find much adversarial comments on his post.

And I am reacting to OP.

I did not ask for any votes, did I?

Your certainity and mine need not be same.

You are already judging or trying to to do so.

Was it Signal specific?

But I know and he knows, you may not know, that the OP was directed at me. Any pretence of generality was trashed by his post #6. Yet my observations are general by all Indians, SAM included, and about a westerner at large, not a specific person.

Signal does not use swear words, I know. So far he has not revealed his histoty/geography knowledge either. But there is no dearth of people from EU to USA who want to ban swastika 100%, even restraining Hindus from using it. Now, now, don't protest. You may not be one of them.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010