Bacteria vs Humans

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by deicider, Sep 6, 2010.

1. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

After 5 hours of arguing about which life form has better survival chances am kinda tired but i will explain.
    We were comparing species and we both agreed that all life forms follow same basic functions that everybody knows: to survive and reproduct ,evolve to make those two even better.
    We came to a point that we both shared the same view that there is no "superior" forms of life, but if there was one it would be about the ability to survive better than other species,expand better,dominate/destroy other species,conquer enviroment ,all this as a WHOLE,the whole species.

He said bacteria(i told him he should chose one kind of bacteria not the whole group, since its like me saying "mammals") are much better in surviving etc(all the above) than humans.
    So the endless argument started,i supported humans,not cause am a human but solely by biology,since they have their precious technology,he said bacteria lives in much more extreme situations and even can destory humanity etc.
    But the main argument is: As a whole which species exactly have the highest survival(and the forementioned) rate/chanes using all of his skills/abilities.
    In this case please chose one of the two.
    We actually had a fight.
    So where your vote goes and why.
    Its kinda silly and geeky but its fun

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well if you look at which has been around living on this earth the longest time already it has to be bacteria. That would also hold true for the future as well for they have alrerady proven themselves as something that can survive drastic changes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

Bacteria evolve rapidly thats why they adapt so easily,humans dont,they have their developed brain that uses tools to protect them from dangers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Emil Valued Senior Member

Fucking bacteria!

They eat everything that is organic.

They also live in our bellies, and without whom we would not live.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Supposedly, they are responsible(mutating) for a tiny part of our DNA which is not traceable to any other animal in the history of the earth.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  9. jmpet Valued Senior Member

I think it's about quality of life. Bacteria may outnumber and outsurvive us, but we are sentient humans- something bacteria evolve to become... "the finished product". What good is a clump of bacteria on an asteroid in deep space but to evolve into say, a human?