sociopath and Psychopath

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by M00se1989, Sep 1, 2010.

1. M00se1989 Banned Banned

For as long as there has bee time we have been plagued with one question. What makes pure evil happen.

"Both the psychopath and sociopath fail to feel remorse or guilt. They appear to lack a conscience and are completely self-serving. They routinely disregard rules, social mores and laws, unmindful of putting themselves or others at risk."(cite)

But at what age and why do these ideas start... and at what point would another mind come to the same conclusions about insanity and what is pure evil.

society dictates the message

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

We might never know if we keep putting these people to death instead of studying them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. M00se1989 Banned Banned

wrong there are many who do the same not to the extreme and in different numbers. the game does not change but the numbers do...

the king must die... that is just politics. what is the best way to kill a king but not with honor.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kajalamorth The Doctor Registered Senior Member

Well actually its studied on more then you think. (I would post urls but I can't

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) On average they have anti social disorders. They usually need to have traumatic events in there childhood(Domestics etc) and on average they are a male. I would say more but the best place to search this is on wikipedia. I typed the searches you should do below.

Go on wikipedia search: Sociopath, Psychopathy and Serial Killer. You can also search Anti Social disorders for further reading. You should research one or two serial killers to. Example: Happy Face Killer, Grim Sleeper, The alphabet murders, John Wayne Gacy etc.

8. M00se1989 Banned Banned

the answer lies in their overall purpuse

9. Kajalamorth The Doctor Registered Senior Member

What do you mean by purpose? They usual have a reason do so. Maybe they think they are doing the earth good or maybe its for power or control. But if you think an entity up there created this I don't think so. I just don't see what would be the point.

10. M00se1989 Banned Banned

"as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport" Aldous Huxley

11. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

The source of evil ultimately is human variability.

We reproduce sexually, which is a mechanism to create genetic variability. This ensures that every child is born unique. However, there is no direction to these differences. They are random. This means that, for every human quality, there is a normal distribution around the mean .

For the quality we call "goodness" (OK, I admit - not a precise term), the normal distribution of variation requires that some individuals be "bad".

As a general rule, about 10% of any human population are effectively bereft of conscience. This means that these people will do pretty much anything to benefit themselves, regardless of the cost to others, if they think they can get away with that.

The only effective way we know of controlling those nasty beggars is to institute measures (police, judiciary, and prisons) that will convince them they will not get away with antisocial actions. Sadly, that measure is only partially effective.

12. M00se1989 Banned Banned

not it starts with better psychological conditioning from birth. But how would one teach emotions? especially as emotions are tossed around these days

13. Kajalamorth The Doctor Registered Senior Member

You can't emotions are chemicals in the brain. Love is actually sexual arousal.

14. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Moose

Rather than get into a nature/nurture debate, let me point out that genetics and learning are inextricably entwined. This is especially true down family lines over several generations. So, the drunkard who beats his wife has a son who, in turn, drinks and beats his wife. Is that genetics or learning? It is both.

Sadly, if genetics predisposes one to sociopathic behaviour, learned behaviour (from one's parent) tends to reinforce that.

The end result is that there is no easy way to stop the antisocial behaviour. I am aware that it is politically correct to blame it all on society. However, that is just so much crap. The one at fault is usually the parent, partly due to passing on sociopathic genes, and partly due to teaching sociopathic behaviour.

The only "solution" I can envisage would be some way to stop the nasty 10% of society from breeding, but that suggestion is even more politically incorrect, and thus not something that is likely to happen in the near future.

15. M00se1989 Banned Banned

everyone wishes to be understood on some level. It may only include themselves. I am going to blame it on everyone who has touched that child... the language that is spoken to them... the general understandings they receive about the world as they develop.

genetics may decide whether they are auditory, visual, or kinesthetic learners (which can also be intwined) but it does not make them a psychopath...

where are the psychopathic genes that are passed on? they would have to form from memories that is the only way... memories are located in the brain.

are you saying DNA from our brain is transcribed then put into our eggs and testes and passed on as memories???!!!!

16. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Moose

Human behaviour is a hell of a lot more than just a bunch of memories. If you feel hungry, and are motivated to eat, is the hunger just a memory? If you feel angry, is that a memory?

A sociopath is not a memory. Such an individual is more someone with something missing, like a conscience.

A normal person cares about other people. A sociopath does not. That is not an added memory or memories. It is something lacking.

17. John99 Banned Banned

Sounds more like psychopathology. Edit: Actually the second sentence describes sociopaths. HOWEVER, there are mild cases.

That is a bit of an exaggeration.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  18. John99 Banned Banned

Perhaps lacking but not devoid entirely.

19. M00se1989 Banned Banned

balls

there is just no love to show emotions at some point in time. but when a state of empathy can be achieved the healing begins... it may not transcribe to some memories lost in time but some sort of physical stimuli is completely necessary.

20. mekafushka Registered Member

I wouldn't consider all serial killers to be sociopaths. For example, John Wayne Gacy had morals. He was well liked, had many friends and even dabbled in politics. He also had a family.

21. M00se1989 Banned Banned

and he had an early life filled with emotional trauma... and a physical head injury as well... his morals were skewed from the git go.

22. mekafushka Registered Member

Yes, but if you were one of his colleagues you would have thought he was a normal person not knowing he killed and sodomized people in his spare time.

23. M00se1989 Banned Banned

did he love his family... did he have emotions... I have no doubt he was void of them for some material stimuli but that does not mean he was devoid of emotions. He had some empathy or understanding of the people he killed, even if it may not have completely made sense to himself. with no words for his emotions of youth he took a very physical route of expression.