Proposal: capitalism and how the economy works

Discussion in 'Formal debates' started by pjdude1219, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I would like norse to take up my challenge see he thinks he knows so much about them. I propose a debate between him and I to debate how to construct a system to get the most out of the market based on the tenets of capitalism and basic macroeconomics.

format is
    1 post= opening argument/statement
    5 posts= arguments/premises
    5 posts= counter arguments to opponents arguments
    1 post= closing argument/statement

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Okay shoot

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CheskiChips Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

PJ,

Either you want me to discuss capitalism or economics. They're both entirely separate subjects.

One is political philosophy and deals in principles and morals; the other is just economics.

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Pj, Norsefire is right, it is not really clear what you are trying to debate/accomplish here.

My guess that you are trying to come up with a perfect capitalist system, but that doesn't necessery mean a debate, it could mean just throwing around a few ideas. Norsefire might agree with you on those.

9. Facial Valued Senior Member

Capitalism is an economic system closely associated with a political philosophy. It is to be discussed as part of economics discourse, so it is not quite separate.

10. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

I don't think capitalism is a moral system, no matter which way you cut it. In capitalism, profits and doing business is more important than people's lives. 30,273 children die every day because of the unjust wealth distribution created by the system.

Capitalism also needs a huge government and too strict immigration controls because the workers want to save their jobs and demand increased salaries from their employers while the employers want to profit and reduce costs. This results in increased job cuts for many people (because there is a increasing demand for jobs but less supply because employers want to profit) and the closing of international borders (strict immigration controls).

How can all this be justified?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

1 month since original proposal, and 18 days since the last relevant reply. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.