From sleep to awake

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by staciet, Apr 27, 2010.

1. staciet Registered Member

Please don't think I am crazy, but I hope someone can help. I started having terrible problems with sleep years ago. I would feel like there was an evil prescence next to me at night when trying to sleep or during sleep. These feelings were extremely scary. I read up on it and found out that it happens to other people. That made me feel a little better. Now the problem is over the last 6 to 8 months I have started to feel this way during the daytime when I am awake. I only feel this way when I am home alone. The strongest feeling of this evil prescence is when I am in the shower, but I do feel it just sitting in the living room and other places in the house. It has become so bothersome that I don't like to shower unless someone is home with me. I have even started reading up on paranoid schitzophrania (hope I spelled that right) thinking maybe I am going crazy. Has anyone ever experienced this or heard of it happening to others? Please give your input.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Could it just be that feeling this 'presence' at night has scared you out of your wits?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. staciet Registered Member

That very well could be it, but how do I make these feelings go away?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It sounds like an anxiety problem to me. If that is the case you may benefit from seeing a (specialized) psychologist.
    Maybe see your doctor first so he/she can determine if that's the way to go. You'll probably have to go through your doctor to get an appointment with a psychologist anyway.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Also you could try some sleeping pills .

9. staciet Registered Member

Already taking ambien. They don't help.

10. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Good idea - just fix the problem by trying to ignore it!

I don't know your situation staciet as I never experienced anything like this. It might help to keep a journal of your experiences. When we write things down it helps us clarify them. This might sound crazy but praying to something higher than yourself - your inner genius, guardian angel, God, (whatever you're comfortable with) when it gets really bad might help as well.

If you take Enmos' advice to seek a psychologist, make sure that you feel really comfortable and confident in this person before you make any kind of commitment.

I wish you all the best staciet. If there's any way I can help please let me know and I'll try my best!

11. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

if you feel it's a evil presence .. then confront it and let it know there is nothing but love for it around you..

12. staciet Registered Member

Thank you for your reply and your kindness. I do believe in God, however I am not as close to him as I should be. I don't say a pray for the very reason that I think it is wrong to only pray to ask for something and here lately I haven't been praying like I should. With that being said you did help me to think that if I get my life back on the right track with God maybe some of these feelings will go away...Sometimes it is hard to remember to talk to the ones who are the most important.

13. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

It could be that you are haunted by ghosts.
    You could try praying to God for mercy for the ghosts, to grant them peace or a good birth.

14. staciet Registered Member

I have to admit the thought of ghosts has crossed my mind more than once. I just don't know if I believe in ghosts.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh come on..
    Ghosts don't exists. This is all in your head and you need to accept that if you want it to go away.

16. soullust Registered Senior Member

if they put you on anxiety pills, ask about effexor xr (Venlafaxine), they seem to be very effective, for that and they do have anti depressant values, as well. plus they tend to make you a bit drowsy, They are a long term drug though so if you don't have insurance, you know what i am saying.

17. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

It also sounds like anxiety to me. The problem is that you focused on those feelings at night and now it's spilling over to your daytime. Someone suggested journaling. That's a start. Also, there is a reason you are on ambien. Sleep dep. can bring on it's own issues. Also, consider the side effects of ambien which could lead to maybe something like this.

http://www.ambiencr.com/using-ambien/ambien-cr-side-effects.aspx

If you are on other meds, check their side effects and check into possible drug interactions. If you are taking herbal meds too, that could interact as well.
    If none of these answer your questions in the long run, seek some help from a professional for an evaluation.

Also, sometimes it's just a mental thing that has gone out of control. If you really feel it's ghosts or what not, just get someone to "clean" out your home.:shrug:

Good luck, keep us updated.

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

You do not have to believe in ghosts. You would have to have some special abilities to perceive them directly to begin with - which so far isn't the case.

Anyway, my point is that it may help if you pray that all living beings may be happy, that they would not suffer and that they would be able to take care of themselves with ease.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Signal, stop bringing up ghosts. Jeez..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And praying doesn't help, she needs to do something to improve her situation.

20. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Praying is doing.

My father used to have terrible nightmares. He would talk in his sleep, begging "Please let me be", sounded very disturbed. In the mornings, he was exhausted, sometimes having no recollection of the nightmare.

At first, I would go to his room to wake him up. Which was very difficult and he looked extremely disturbed. He would say he dreamt of beings that wouldn't let him be. And my father is an atheist and he doesn't believe in ghosts. But he did have nightmares.

What I did next is that in a night when he had a nightmare, I went to his room, and I started chanting, sometimes whispering, sometimes only mentally. May all living beings be happy. May all living beings be free from pain and suffering. May all living beings take care of themselves with ease.
    His nightmare stopped, and he went back to calm sleep.

I have done so several times, and it worked every time.

21. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

Prayer won't work. You are right. Even those who pray don't sit on their ass hoping to get the bills paid. Well, most of them anyways. Heck if that worked, I'd sit in my room, praying day and night while envelopes of money appeared in my mailbox, the cure for all incurable diseases would be found and no one would be hungry. I would have the latest car, my kids would be angels, and my stretch marks would go disappear (the only thing that irks me about myself.....darn kids! I blame them!).
    Being proactive in this situation is the only thing that will work. And probably a combination of things in this case, seeing it's getting worse.

22. Yellow Jacket Registered Senior Member

Perhaps him waking to having another person who is concerned and loving watching over him was comforting to him.

23. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Often, he didn't even wake up when I was there.
    When I chanted/prayed, I didn't try to wake him up.