Republican officials are seeking money from Wall Street According to the WSJ.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Apr 1, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well it appears Republicans are chasing their traditional sources of big money, Wall Street, according to the Wall Street Journal (part of the Fox News empire).

It just seems to me for all the talk from the Republican Party being the party of the common man, it seems odd it that were true that they are seeking large sums from their traditional friends on Wall Street...the guys that brought about the debacle of 2008.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748703575004575043612216461790.html

Republicans to date have fought any kind of meaningful financial reform. And in fact it was Republican deregulation of the financial industry that brought about the financial debacle of 2008. So it is back to the old operational model.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Are you just here to post things about Republicans? :shrug:

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Maybe you could convince the Democrats to make up some scandals to they can acheive parity with the Republicans.

And I do post things other than Republican issues...just look around in other threads.

Peace Be Unto You.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. desi Valued Senior Member

Obama took massive contributions from Goldman Sachs. Gee whiz. Wonder which bank was left standing in clover at the end of the bank bailouts.

Fanboy.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Got any proofs that would stand up to a little scrutiny? If so now is the time.

Did you not read the Wall Street Journal article?

9. desi Valued Senior Member

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638

Scrutinize all you want. If you're serious about your apparent man crush on Obama I'd give money to see the disillusioned tear roll down your cheek.

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Now you are being very deceptive, very Republican in your response. And you did not answer the question I posed to you. It did not support your claims that Obama recieved a huge sum of money from Goldman Sachs.

Did you read your own link:

This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2008 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

And Obama only accepted $1,800 in PAC Money.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.php?id=n00009638

11. desi Valued Senior Member

It must be hard for you to get by reading only what seems to be politically expedient for the candidates you endorse. The cutting and pasting going on in your head must give you migraines.

"The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY's List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundlers."

12. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Yes, he is.

He lives in a fantasy land where all evil is caused by Republicans and all good is brought to us by Democrats or the government (but only when it's Democrats running the government).

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

While you are attending economics classes, you need to attend some math classes too. Per the previously shown charts from your sources, Obama only accepted $1,800 in PAC money and it was not from Goldman.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL, you are not far from it. I wish there were something positive I could say about Republicans. But unfortuantely the party has been hyjacked by the limbaughs of the world who are not interested in the health and welbeing of the nation, but only in keeping people listening to their programs and accumulating personal wealth at the expense of the nation.