"Conformity, Brutality, and the Elite. All of which are American dreams"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Anarcho Union, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

Thats what I am seeing in America nowadays. People seem to think that everyone is good and true because they have a badge. Or that racism has disapeared. Is anyone else sick of this? Not to mention that the government is pushing a system of hierarchy. So instead of bitching and moaning, shouldnt we be doing something about this? Can we do anything? If so, what? Whats your thoughts
    (The topic is based off lyrics from Rage Against the Machine)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

It's not like we aren't trying. The Tea Party is an up and coming party whose goal is to return our system to the way it was during our founding fathers' times. I'm not sure I see where you are going with the badge or racism comment. Care to ellaborate?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

The Tea Party is the trying BUT they are seen as more of a laughing stock now. We need more than just political rallys
    The badge being police who commit bruatal, racist and unjust crimes everyday and get away with it because of their job.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Laughing stock? I think you underestimate the support they are getting. They are becoming more of a reality than what you may think. Not all cops are bad. It's somewhat like celebrities, you only see the bad things that happen.

8. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

I havent seen any changes at all coming from them,
    And I never said all cops are bad. But their are bad cops that everyday get away with violent crimes because their cops

9. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

That's because they're not 100% organized. And yeah, there are bad cops. But what do you suggest to do about it?

10. Anarcho Union No Gods No Masters Registered Senior Member

I understand that, but on the same note they need to get organized or stop thinking that their movements going to make such a difference.
    Thats what this thread is about, what can we do about it?

11. John99 Banned Banned

Some of us like free speech.

12. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

They are getting organized. As we speak they are looking for a leader.

13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I don't want to return to our founding fathers times, where slavery was written into law. Where women not having the right to vote was written to law, where non land owners didn't have the right to vote. The same people who are supporting the tea party now, are the same people who were calling me un American for opposing the Patriot Act. Which is in direct violation of the constitution. It was the tea party people who were calling me anti American for not supporting a pre-emptive war, which is in direct violation of the constitution. It was the tea party people who called me un-American for not supporting warrantless wire taps, which is a direct violation of the constitution.

Frank Rich wrote an excellent article about why the tea party people are really mad. Here's an excerpt from that article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/opinion/28rich.html

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  14. John99 Banned Banned

That said, i can certainly understand some limits to free speech.

An example is with the internet, we can eliminate 30-70% of the content for being non-intelligent\logical or even based on reality.

It is pretty funny though because sometimes it is like listening to an old drunk on a bar stool. You dont get the full effect though, like the aroma or the slurring etc.

15. sandy Banned Banned

Most of us don't care about badges. We care about God, our families, jobs, financial situation etc--ALL under fire in this country. Racism will never disappear as long as we have race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Some stupid people thought all racism would disappear if Obama was elected. It didn't. When people look at statistics/the news, they see who is committing the most crime and causing the most trouble. Some get angry, say things (mostly the truth), and are called racists.
    I would like the values of the 50's back. I would like to see all the lunacy end. The Patriot Act is necessary. We have Muslim terrorists who want us dead. It and those wire taps prevented two hits on Obama. And that war in Iraq took out the world's worst terrorist, Saddam Hussein, who tortured/killed at least a million of his own people.
    Frank Rich is a filthy thug. And the New York Slimes is fish wrap/cat box liner.

16. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Youre wrong. Those were republicans. They need tea party support but theyre screwed, I'm affraid.

[/QUOTE]

He's wrong. This is much larger than just "Republican Whitey Get's Mad". The DNC have no choice but to play deffense because they know that their in trouble.

Truth is both parties are running in circles trying to figure out how to go forward with out Tea party support. They can say "hey, look at these loonies" but they know whoever wins over this mobilized political force is the one with a real chance, and tea parties are showing no signs of cooling off in the near future.

17. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I'm not in the least bit religious but I'm familiar enough with it to know that you actually do the exact opposite of what it preaches. You act more like the Devil.

Thanks to Reaganomics.

They pale in comparison to Beck, Malkin, Limbaugh, Hannity.

You're right Sandy. The White man is without sin. Even though 83% of White murder victims were murdered by White people.

No thanks, who wants live in segregated society were inequality was rampant? Obviously you do. Thank GOD most Americans aren't like you.

No it's not, it's in direct violation of the constitution. The Government already had enough power to arrest and prosecute terrorists. You heard it here first folks. Sandy is for the expansion of Government.

90% of terrorism victims are muslims. And no, the warrantees wiretap law did no such thing.

Please, and the dictators we're placating in Africa has killed millions more, yet they still stand. Saddam doesn't compare to the terrorist in Sudan and the Congo.

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Over 80% of the tea party are registered Republicans. 99.9% of them White.

The Democrats just achieved the biggest political victory in modern history, without the help or support of the Tea Party. Your wrong on so many levels it's laughable.

The Republicans are a Regional party, and they'll never regain control of the Senate.

19. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

The "machine" is what we are given to work with. The only plausible answer is to rise to turn it to our use. The only force that is more certain to destroy society than either fanaticism or short-sightedness is the impotence, cowardice and resignation of people who know better. If you do not participate in our government at all of its levels, the party that is the most deeply infested with fanaticism will make the laws, and fanatics will invariably design their laws around the interest of territorial pissing at the expense of all those who do not bow to the same creed as themselves. If you do not directly participate in the affairs of that party which you have chosen to align yourself with, then it will become infested with criminals, and it will be due to your own negligence and cowardice.

No, racism is not dead. However, we do have control over how officers of the law perceive themselves. If officers of the law were hired on the principle that they are expected to use their authority to help and bring relief to the people, then they would not engage in such acts of brutality. After all, what they ultimately end up doing in practice, when they have become acclimated to chronically dysfunctional neighborhoods, is to serve as armed social workers who regularly deal with violent drug addicts and the gravely mentally ill. However, as long as officers of the law are perceived as nothing more than the "bully arm" of the law, then they will act accordingly. It is because of this self-perception that officers of the law continue to be abusive toward minorities.

20. sandy Banned Banned

Why does every thread turn into personal attacks with you liberals? Can't you discuss an issue without slamming fellow forum members? Of couse, you can't.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Reaganomics has NOTHING to do with the mess your president created. Unemployment was at record-lows under W. The DOW and housing were at record-highs. Since liberals took over CONgress in 07 it has been all downhill. Obama has unemployment up to 30% in some cities. I never said anything about the white man being sinless. I pointed out facts. Since when do you care about the constitution? Your president just rammed a healthcare takeover bill down our throats (prepared on Christmas and shoved down on a Sunday). I don't care if Muslim terrorists victims are mostly purple. They're still victims. Dictators in Africa like Obama's cousin who wants to instill Sharia Law? The Repubs will retake the Senate. Just watch. Americans already had enough of democrats. Their ratings are awful. POTUS--41%. CONgress--9%

21. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

You mean republic by large landowners for large landowners? With slavery, indentured servitude and no voting rights for all? Seriously people (of modest means) who bring up "founding fathers" rhetoric as some kind of an ideal condition should check their heads up on regular basis.

22. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Is that so? Reagan began dismantling REAL economy of USA (producing goods and services) and substituting it with "Financial Capitalism" we have today so those who had a lot could have even more. The Marxian sequence Money - Goods - Money began faltering under Reagan, Bushs I&II, Clinton and Obama extended absurd. Now it's Money - Money, no needs for goods since old good USA can print international currency of exchange + 12 battle carriers groups keep global oligarchies "understanding". Not speaking of the mindless arm race and raking up debt.

23. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

You don't practice any of the basic tenants of Christianity. So whenever you selectively use it to claim your perceived moral authority, I'm going to call you out on it.

Yes it does, he tripled the national debt and increased federal spending every year he was in office.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=879

Poverty gap in US has widened under Bush
    By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
    Tuesday, 27 February 2007

The number of Americans living in severe poverty has expanded dramatically under the Bush administration, with nearly 16 million people now living on an individual income of less than $5,000 (£2,500) a year or a family income of less than $10,000, according to an analysis of 2005 official census data.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-gap-in-us-has-widened-under-bush-438077.html

Yes you did, you basically said that Blacks are largely responsible for crimes and malfeasance and you shouldn't be called racist for bringing that up.

More than you do since you support the Patriot Act, warrantless wiretaps, indefinite detention without trial and pre-emptive wars. That's why the constitution gave Congress the power to go war, to prevent quasi Dictators like your President Bush.

Obama didn't ram anything, the democratically elected congress passed the health care bill. He just signed it into law.

(prepared on Christmas and shoved down on a Sunday). I don't care if Muslim terrorists victims are mostly purple. They're still victims. Dictators in Africa like Obama's cousin who wants to instill Sharia Law?
    Ha Ha, yeah right. And what senate seats are the democrats in danger of losing? Two, Nevada and Indiana. There could be more, but not nearly enough to gain a majority.

Americans already had enough of democrats. Their ratings are awful. POTUS--41%. CONgress--9%

[/QUOTE]