Pro-Israel, anti-Likud

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Alien Cockroach, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

If you consider these positions to be impossible in the same person, then I submit that you are anti-Israel, and that is that. My disagreement with Likud is mild because I am not Israeli; it is therefore not my place to take strong stances on their politics unless they have elected an obvious madman. However, it is also firm unless I hear a convincing defense of their political stance. However, I am aversive to Likud because they have formed a coalition with the most extreme elements of Israeli politics.

You may not know that some Americans are following Israel's politics. However, I was following the story in the news when it was happening. I felt that this was a self-serving power-grab by Likud when it was happening because Likud normally has more in common with Kadima than it does with extreme right political parties. I consider both of them to be moderate parties, and I believe that moderates, both left and right, constitute the majority in Israel. Therefore, I cannot help but sense that there was something shady behind Netanyahu's right-wing coalition government.

I will not be labeled a "Jew-hater" for not automatically considering Netanyahu to be the holy oracle of Israel. I do not know enough about him to declare him to be bad news for Israel, but I resent being treated like I am this terrible person just because I am skeptical of the guy. Although I do not consider it my place to dictate Israel's politics to them, I reserve my right to hold opinions on the subject.