No time to rest. We need to hold our majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Alien Cockroach, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Now that we have had some time to get over our hangovers from the big healthcare win, we need to reflect very soberly on how the Democrats are looking in the polls right now.

Some estimates I have read have predicted six losses in the Senate and even even worse news for the House of Representatives. Well, here are some states where we are doing poorly right now in the polls, but we can change that.

If you live in Arkansas, Boozman is polling higher than Lincoln right now. The main problem with Boozman is that he is an all-or-nothing pro-life extremist. Lincoln is a proven moderate, and this is according to her voting record, not a handful of political speeches. Even if you are not a pro-lifer, you want to pound on that. Pound on the fact that a moderate politic on abortion is a lot more likely to fly in this country, for the long-term.

If you live in Indiana, I heard Ellsworth was notorious for earmarking, which I consider to be unethical. I offer that Baron Hill might do a better job of upholding your state's reputation. He is another pro-life moderate whom you might want to consider if you thought you had no alternative to the GOP, considering that particular issue.

If you live in Kentucky, your AG is running for US Senate. I have heard that Conway has made some fairly impressive accomplishments as AG, and I believe that he would help uphold the dignity of your state.

If you live in Nevada, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has been under attack by GOP activists for several months. The teabaggers have been spreading rumors. They have been counting on lies to try to sway the vote. It is time for truth to come to light.

If you live in New Hampshire, I were you, I would pound on the fact that Hodes has more experience than Ayotte as a member of the legislature.

If you live in North Carolina, I will be supporting Marshall as our woman to send up to D.C., and I hope that you will be doing the same.

We can take these from being risk states to being toss-ups. All the economy has to do is sustain the status quo, and we should have fair chances of coming out of November with about the current number of seats. I am not sure about our chances of getting that supermajority, but individual states and their unique concerns will ultimately decide the mid-term elections that are coming up in a few months.

It is right around the corner, people.