Consider the healthcare bill a lesson learned

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Alien Cockroach, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

If you throw an anchor to a drowning man (metaphor for a person with a pre-existing condition), people will talk about you.

If you throw an anchor to a drowning man, his wife and his three kids, people will think that you are crazy in the head.

If you keep doing this, over and over again, people will eventually make it a law or something that you can't do that anymore.

The lesson: please don't throw an anchor to a drowning man. It makes laws happen. And why would you do that in the first place? I mean that's just messed-up, man.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Notes: Seriously? Another one? Didn't I just delete two of these?

Fine. I'll allow it. But I when I wake up tomorrow, there had better not be 14,000 other health care threads or the person who makes them (so don't get tempted) will be perma-banned. Be warned.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

LOL I am very sorry, Superstring, but it is just pleasurable to see my countrymen remember that they have a right to govern their country the way they choose to, not how a bunch of industry-paid thugs think they should. I am entirely sick to my crotch of businesspeople who think they are somehow above the law, that we don't have a right to govern our country in a way that protects our interests, that they can just do any kind of crap they want to. They literally think that, if they are faced with a bunch of felony charges, all they have to do to elevate themselves above the law is to get a politician in their pocket, and nothing can be done to them. It really is like Al Capone and the Untouchables.

A lot of people, certainly not all people, in big business think they can do anything they please, that nothing can touch them. The insurance companies thought they could trample on people and treat them like dirt. They probably laughed at the idea that anything could be done at all to bring them into check. I know people like that in real life. They use people as tools and treat them like dirt. They think they just keep doing it and doing it, and nothing will ever happen to them.

To anyone who is high up in an insurance company, this is our nation. We can make whatever laws we want to. Factor that into the equations you use when deciding what policies to make, okay? It's not that hard to take a look at this legislation, and connect it faults and injustices in YOUR policies. Don't close your eyes, and pretend that it somehow doesn't have anything to do with anything you did. This isn't some Stalinist plot. This isn't the Russians taking over. This is the people reacting to YOUR policies because the people think they are for shit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.