The Bill Passed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 786, Mar 21, 2010.

1. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Congrats to those who were in favor, and tuff'luck for Americans. Well at least it passed in the House-

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Well I don't acknowledge Republicans as Americans either, so back at you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Lol it has nothing to do with Dem or Rep, in my opinion. America is in one hell of a pithole-

Everything will play out- no to mention this will be nullified by the states- at least many states-

We're going to see civil unrest and riots because of the financial problem in the end-

I give 5 years before a revolution happens in America- both Rep and Dem are stupid in my opinion.

Peace be unto you

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I don't know if it will be a revolution or simply America collapsing under the weight of corruption and bureaucracy. Neither would surprise me and neither would be undeserved, in my opinion. :shrug:

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Tough luck Americans, you might actually get some affordable health care.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well all the best, who knows, maybe it can work? Nothing ventured nothing gained

10. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

And then everyone goes bankrupt...

It could've worked if our government hadn't made us the greatest Debtor Nation in the world- unfortunately they have.

Its amazing how we're partying our way to political hell.

Peace be unto you

11. superstring01 Moderator

Not yet, technically.

~String

12. sandy Banned Banned

We already have affordable healthcare. What we could end up with is IRS agents invading our lives/bank accounts, telling us what we have to do, fining those who won't participate etc. It is government takeover of the health care industry. There is no reform. It will be a disaster.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Would you rather people died because they had no insurance? What would that cost us in terms of lost productivity, increased social security costs, and expensive taxpayer paid emergency room visits?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Some healthy people do, but there are 45 million uninsured out there, and even more underinsured.

15. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Bring on the bankruptcy. We need a fresh start with true economic freedom.

16. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I never said we didn't need reform... The government needs to get the hell out of many things-

Peace be unto you

17. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I agree, but the question is how much more is the government willing to dilute the money so that the crash doesn't happen on their watch- I'm willing to bet ALOT... That means we're screwed big time.

Peace be unto you

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

How absolutely typical of this place! Someone picks up on a bit of news and automatically assumes the game is over. Much like someone that foolishly leaves a ballgame while there's still time left on the clock. Tisk, tisk.

It MAY be over soon, but it's sure not yet.

And even MORE typical of foolishness of this place is the predictions of civil war, economic collapse, etc. How naive! Obviously, those statements were made by very young people who simply don't understand how things work in America. :shrug: Civil war, indeed!!!!:bugeye:

19. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I didn't pick up 'news'- I'm watching the debate- and I can assure you that this will pass indeed.

As for civil war- perhaps you don't know what happens when there is absolute turmoil financially and politically and when the people realize that it is the GOVERNMENTS fault for their problems....

I'm saying a revolution between government and people- not a civil war between Democrats and Republicans or Whites and Blacks!

We're in some deep shit... and the people will not stand this bogus monetary and economic policy and this expansive government which has spent every penny it takes in and then some- when they recognize that all the promises the government made for which they paid taxes will never be fulfilled because they are in a financial Armageddon.

Peace be unto you

20. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

See the main bill passed!

Peace be unto you

21. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

The first of 3 votes just past. I guess this was the main vote but I am a little unclear on the procedure.

22. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Its a sad day that they pass a bill, then amend the bill on the same day... This is pathetic. They could've given it more than one day to debate.... Oh well, its not like the debate actually matters- this is just politics. Its like two sports team trying to score points.

Peace be unto you

23. Startraveler Registered Senior Member

Where've you been for the past nine months?