Tea partiers are just as racist and homophobic as their predecessors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Alien Cockroach, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/03/20/2234644.aspx

Sometimes I like to make use of some inflammatory terms, just so the liberals don't get it into their heads that I am beholden to their ideology or somehow obligated to march lockstep with their views. I will not conform, and I take personal satisfaction in showing it. Whether you consider it a weakness or a strength in my character, there is a part of me that enjoys being perverse. Well, just two days after one of the denizens of this forum complained, albeit more civilly than I am accustomed, about me using the term "niggerwork" to describe manual labor, now I am faced with an example of why we react the way we do to this kind of slur.

One of the reasons I don't think highly of liberals who are quick to castigate you for what could have been an incidental faux pas is that they are normally extremely sheltered. I have been exposed to homophobia, and I have seen real racial bigotry at work. If all that the gay people and the black people had ever been subjected to were some dirty words, we would have reason to celebrate. The truth is that the racists and homophobes we are talking about are literally intent on robbing you of your will to live, just because you are an "outsider." I and millions of other minorities in this country still bear those horrible scars. Perhaps there is a part of me that just feels angry over the idea that there are so many people out there who think that the only thing I and others have borne, thanks to being minorities, is being called a few ugly names. That in itself is not very nice, but making too much of an issue over it causes us to miss the point.

Meditate on this very carefully: racism is not dead. This monster will rise again if we allow it to happen. I'm all for spitting in the eye of language taboo, but I am not inclined to let a bunch of rabble make me look like a fool in front of the world. Are you going to let a few backwards, knuckle-dragging idiots make fools out of us? This is not just the information age anymore; it is the Facebook age. The whole world is watching this bullshit live without any need for a journalist to feed it to them, and these fools are making us all look like a bunch of barbarians. You might not know it yet, but it's all going to reflect back on you tenfold. Remember, silence is louder than words; in times like these, what we should fear more desperately than evil men is the indifference of good men, for the ghosts of our dark past haunt us still.

If only it were just someone shouting "nigger," but it's not just someone shouting a naughty word, here. If shouting naughty words justified hanging someone as a racist, we couldn't afford to buy enough rope. According to the article posted here, "Rep. Emanaul Cleaver (D-MO), another African-American member, was apparently spit on by a Tea Party protester."

We may be living in a new millenium, but you should be aware of the fact that the conservative extremists are the same people now that they were thirty years ago. Times may change; people who are well-meaning but misguided may learn something new and change their minds; the people who are in power may change; what the bad guys think they can get away with may change; but it remains an eternal truth that people don't change! The most vicious racists of the Civil Rights Era are the same animals now that they were then, and they raised their offspring to be just as vicious and mean as themselves. I grew up in the American South, and I swear to you by everything I am beholden to that, as parents, the racists of that era are sitting around the table right now with their families and reminding their children that they are supposed to hate the "niggers." They do it very openly when they believe they are surrounded by their own.

It's time to tell the tea partiers that the jig is up, and the joke is over. We know who they are.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010