On healthcare, remember why Obama was picked over Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Alien Cockroach, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

I am cursed with a long and detailed memory, so I remember every painful moment of the 2008 primary race. However, I think that the rest of you might find it deeply enlightening to try to look back on that time when you are considering the issues of the day, for people seem to be forgetting who Obama really is. The daily hassles of living and the stresses of the moment have caused their memories to cloud over. Let me give you a refresher, here, so we can try to open up those neurons again.

To those of you who favored Clinton, let us recall for us that Hillary R. Clinton made a historic bid for the presidency. Nobody other than herself could have pulled off what she did. She is a very strong person in general. I only wish that Richardson had had the gumption and initiative that she was showing two years ago because I think that it is only his lack of this quality that kept Richardson from being the champion for the Democratic Party that year. Personally, I was not strongly in either camp until Richardson gave Obama his endorsement.

Now, the sticking point of this thread is that Clinton also had healthcare on her platform. If you look back on 2008, one of the criticisms that Hillary Clinton had toward Barack Obama was the fact that Obama's healthcare plan actually fell to the political right of Clinton's.

Please let that sink in. When we are discussing the issue, let us remember that Obama was a moderate liberal in the primary race of 2008. Richardson ran as a centrist. Hillary Clinton basically represented the left.

I want all of you to remember that Obama was actually criticized by Clinton's followers because his healthcare plan was not extensive enough. However, if the conservative whiners today were to be believed, you would think that Barack Obama was pushing for an all-out government take-over of the healthcare system. Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

I remind you, people, that the Democratic Party chose in 2008 to be represented by a moderate liberal. Obama has barely even spoken at all on gay rights, for god's sake! He has not exactly been a champion for women's right to flush out every fetus that happens to crawl up their crotch! Can you please consider the possibility that Obama actually has some kind of idea about what to do with the healthcare system other than to completely take it over?

Eventually, we very well may have a single-payer healthcare system. Personally, I do not think that the government is developed enough right now in its ability to manage such a system that it should be put in charge to such an extent. However, the people on this forum who have had the mendacity to portray the current healthcare reform as a single-payer plan should be castigated and chastized until they are bleeding from their ears. That is not what is being discussed, and they know it.

However, knowing that they are saying something that is not true has not kept them from continuing to spout it. Their behavior is nothing in the world except partisan libeling and slandering. I ask that all people on this forum who have a conscience, whether you are a liberal or a conservative, be unified in demanding a more truthful discourse.

Look back on 2008! The GOP spent years gaining seats in our government by deliberately confusing the public, yet in 2008 the Democrats gained an unprecedented majority in both houses of government! All that the GOP can possibly gain by raking in a few seats in 2010, using the same dishonest tactics, will be even greater losses in 2012. People get very angry when they realize that you have fucked them. They vote against you, even if it is against their interests to do so, because you have made them feel like fools! It happened in 2008. It will happen again in 2012 if the convervatives continue using tactics that are deliberately designed to confuse the issue, just so they can gain a few seats in the short-term.

You cannot maintain a lie forever. It is a house of cards. The GOP will get absolutely nowhere unless they choose to go back to their roots, and honestly represent the bourgeoisie before the Democrats finish laying claim to this demographic, which does not traditionally belong to them at all. Ill-gotten gain in 2010 will only come back to bite you in the ass come 2012. People do not like being fucked with. The GOP's litany of mendacity will destroy them forever, and there will be nothing left of them save a few states that are hold-outs. If they continue trying to buy time by fucking with people's heads, they will be absolutely decimated by 2016. You have been warned.

I ask that you all look back on your memories. Do not be forgetful of recent history.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010