Healthcare Bill Quotes H.R. 4872 Division I, Subdivision A, Subtitle A

Discussion in 'Politics' started by clusteringflux, Mar 20, 2010.

1. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Another member mentioned going through some of the Healthcare stuff,
    It may be a good idea to post some of it. Somebody may find it helpful. I would ask though that each person edit one post if they wish to post more than one quote. I 'll leave this up for discussion for a while. If a discussion takes off and changes I'll try to make my edits on this post.

Division I, Subdivision A, Subtitle A
    Doesn't say too much on it's own. Let's read on.

Again I was hoping to get some slightly more linear writing but what I'm seeing is any little change from the issuer is going to have effects. Also, the Public Health Service Act is something I'm going to read about.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Startraveler Registered Senior Member

What you've bolded is colloquially stated as "if you like your coverage, you can keep it." With a touch of community rating thrown in to bring grandfathered plans in line with the rules of the exchange.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but does that mean not only can you keep it but certain aspects are to remain unchanged until the law requires it to be changed?

Side note: It's been officially stated this is not a reform designed to reduce healthcare costs in the private sector but to rather slow the rate of industry growth.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Startraveler Registered Senior Member

First of all, it looks like you're quoting H.R. 3200, which is very old (and confusing, since your title says it's from H.R. 4872). It's not even the final composite bill that passed in the House (H.R. 3962). What you want to be looking at is the Senate bill, H.R. 3590, because that's the bill that's going to become law (along with the side care reconciliation bill, H.R. 4872). The relevant language is here.

In other words, the rules imposed by this bill don't apply to grandfathered plans.

8. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Well, I'll admit the pdf link came from another sciforums member who's a little different but this is the cover sheet.

I'll look at your link when I get back in.