Obama trying to take over health care. People ticked off.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy Banned Banned

Barack Hussein Obama is trying to take over our health care industry and ram a bill through despite the majority of Americans furiously against it. We do NOT want our healthcare ending up like Europe or Canada. Barack Hussein Obama's ratings are tanking by the week. Just around 46% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. Most of the rest despise what he has done.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/126809/Obama-Approval-Rating-Lowest-Yet-Congress-Declines.aspx

Angry Americans have taken to the streets for Tea Party protests. They are flooding the airwaves of talk radio. If Obama takes over despite the opposition of the majority of Americans, he and the democrats will lose their elections. I would put money on it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I am sure there are a lot of people out there angry about healthcare reform...especially about how it came to be. But Obama and company are as they have stated numerous times not concerned about the poltically correct thing to do, they are more interested in doing the right thing for the country.

I think it is nice, conservatives are concerned that the Dems might not get relected this fall if they pass healthcare reform. But I think they, like the Republicans, know too that Americans have very short memories. And I think Republicans are probably more concerned about their own election prospects this fall than they are about Democrats getting elected this fall if healthcare reform is passed into law.

It was only a few months ago that the Republican Party was all but dead. And the Brown took the senate seat formerly held by Kennedy...a long time Democrat. If healthcare reform is passed and when people see; the world does not fall apart; and the sun still rises and sets each day; and see Medicare folks actually gain benefits rather than loose them; and see that the deficits do not spiral out of control; and they find there are no death panels; I think voters will have a differing view. I think the Republicans know that too. And I think that is why it is so scary for them and their backers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Really? Wow, surely they knew Obama was going to do something like this though.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There isn't much chance of our creating a decent health care system like Europe or Canada, and it's a damn shame.

8. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Please, sir, tell us in your words what's in the bill. We're all here and ready to listen.

9. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

H.R. 4872

Well, what do you think of Title 1, subtitle A, section 101? If you have the intelligence to really discuss this in a serious way, I would love to start hashing this whole thing out with you, line by line. If you have the balls, I'm ready, buddy.

10. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Notes: Next person to make the issue personal will be suspended. This especially applies to Alien [pushing, what? a 30 day suspension] and Syz [I think you'll be at seven]. Play nice or go somewhere else.

11. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

I am offering to discuss a bill that is being discussed in the H.R. right now. Will anyone take me up on it? Does anybody who is against H.R. 4872 have the ability to actually analyze and discuss this bill in a meaningful way? I am ready to go, right now. I am ready to lock horns with whoever has the guts to do it.

12. navigator Registered Senior Member

We have public healthcare. Their called Medicare and Medicaid. If you don't qualify for these there is private health insurance, as well as county health depts. and free clinics run by charities.

There are always going to be exceptions and there are improvements that need to be made, just not this paticular 2700+ pages with pork and riders attached as a result of backroom bribes. Also, I have seen no evidence that Canada or the UK fare better than the US. If you are dieing of cancer for example, Medicaid and Medicare will pay for Tarceva, a very expensive and effective life extending drug. If you are in the UK you are SOL. Am I to believe that progressives are just more reasonable than many Americans and when the doctor says its statistically useless, they just go off and die?

For those of you touting single payer nationalized systems, I am curious what it is about wait lines, rationing of care, shortage of doctors and high taxes, that you find a better system than the US?

And God help you if you are a victim of malpractice in one of those countries. I never heard what happened to the lady that had some medical appuratus stitched up inside her for several months.

13. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Oh, my god. Here is another sharp one. Rep. Fallin from Oklahoma. She isn't as sharp and analytical as the guy I was talking about from NJ, but she is talented. She's some of the hottest blood in the GOP.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Where is your evidence for longer wait times or problems with malpractice? Please provide something other than anecdotal stories.

And there is a difference between nationalized and single payer systems. A nationalized system would own all organs of the healthcare delivery system. None of that is being discussed in the US. Even in the event the US adopts a government insurance option (which is not in the Senate or House Bill) such as Medicare or Medicaid, it is not a single payer system.

Where is there any evidence for a physican shortage in other industrial countries? The Senate and House Bills expands for the first time in a very long time expands the number of physicans trainned in this country. So training more physicians would seem to increase the number of physicans. Professional groups and government have too long conspired to limit the number of physicans in this country.

And the average Joe is not going to experience higher taxes with healthcare reform. But he/she will experience lower premiums and that is the equilivent to a tax cut.

15. CaliforniaDreamer Registered Member

Just a point of clarification, sandy: Do you always refer to the presidents of the U.S. formally by including their middle name? For instance, do you address our previous President as 'George Walker Bush' or 'William Jefferson Clinton'?

If the answer is no to that question, your prejudice is showing and I'd say you're pulling a Fox News on this. It's impossible to have an intelligent discussion on the merits or shortcomings of the health care bill being proposed in the Congress when one side is so ignorant.

If the answer is yes, please ignore everything I just said.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

It is a deliberate allusion to how we refer to serial killers. The law and the media tend to refer to people convicted of serious, high profile crimes by their full names in order to reduce the chances of a completely innocent person being confused with them, just from having the same first and last name and middle initial. In our culture, we tend to refer to people only by their first and last names, and it is actually incorrect to include their middle name or even their middle initial unless it is for some reason necessary to do so in order to prevent them from being confused with someone else. High profile politicians are normally referred to by their last names (their surnames) because it is highly unlikely that such an individual will be confused with someone else if they are being referred to in the contexts of what they do in office. Using Obama's full name represents either a profound ignorance of our cultural norms or an artlessly sly attempt to libel and defame our president.

17. sandy Banned Banned

I don't have a dog in this fight so I only want what's best for my country. Having Barack Hussein Obama take over our healthcare is NOT in the best interest of anyone but the democrats. We have the best doctors in the world. Most will be gone if the government takes over. We have the best health care in the world. That will fail miserably, too, if the president takes over. If I thought for one minute that it was a good idea I would support it. It's not and I don't.

18. superstring01 Moderator

It is a point she's been warned about. One which I didn't notice until now.

Sandy: consider yourself warned.

~String

19. navigator Registered Senior Member

C'mon Joe, that was a quick google search, are you expecting me to believe you are that uninformed or are you just sniping me?

Its not being discussed now because the American public slammed that door shut last summer, this is just a more subtle and more time consuming approach.

Wait times are an indicator of physician shortage.

I hope their assumption that the $500,000,000,000 in medicare funding cuts will pay for it is correct, besides Im still relatively young

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

So why were you referring to our president as if he were a serial killer or something? Are you one of those people who are deliberately trying to stir up rampant paranoia against the president?

Sandy, you haven't even read a basic summary of the bill. All that you know is that the Democrats are in office, and they are talking about healthcare. From there, you are making a bunch of assumptions.

21. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Um, can you give me a Division at least? I'm guessing It'll be a Subdivision A from the "sec 101"

22. sandy Banned Banned

You warned me about calling him "Hussein". I stopped. And now you are warning me for calling him by his full, real, name? The name he called himself when he was sworn in? WTF?

23. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Would you like to discuss what is actually in this bill, or would you like to go on making stuff up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.