Is the Tea Bag Party Dead or Dying, being incorporated back into the Republican fold?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Mar 15, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It appears a key Tea Bag founder is now returning to the Republican Party. Is this the first of many? What does this mean for the Tea Bag Party? Sarah Palin has advocated that the Tea baggers merge with the Republican Party.

What will become of the Tea Bag Party? Is this the begning of the end? Will they remain quasi independent from the Republican Party or will they just become a segement of the Republican Party? It seems to me based on everything I have read, Tea baggers are not interested in any sort of compromise. It is their way or the highway. And that is what is so facinating to hear that one of their founders has decided to leave the party and to back into the Republican mainstream fold.

Where the Tea Bag founders ever really serious about their agenda? Was the Tea Bag movement just a ploy to help Republicans and the heatlh insurance industry fight healthcare reform? It seems pretty suspicious. But it looks to me that the Teabaggers have been used and abused by their founders and leaders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-teo/tempest-in-a-teabag-tea-p_b_354649.html