China? A "superpower"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Alien Cockroach, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Besides wanting to counter the idea of China becoming some huge, booming economic center, I think it would be prudent to try discussing in some detail the issues that actually affect China's economic situation.

For one thing, I think the Chinese government remains preoccupied with just preventing further secessions. Don't get me wrong; I am not ready to predict more secessionist states or anything. I have no authoritative evidence there either way. However...

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/article/778682--is-chinese-economic-bubble-about-to-burst

I am not ready to make any predictions of doom & gloom. Frankly, I think that they have been overdue some economic bad news for a long time, and it barely even rocks the boat, as far as I am concerned, that they are encountering a few rocks in the road, as of late.

China MIGHT have been on its way to becoming an emerging "superpower," campy and tacky as that term sounds to my tender ears. That is assuming that the people in charge of managing the Chinese economy were incapable of fault or error. It assumes that Murphy's Law is somehow suspended as soon as you cross the border into the Middle Kingdom.

My thinking is, it just can't be that simple, horribly trite as that might sound.