Republican Majority Leader says unemployed are unemployed because they want to be!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Mar 9, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

I agree. There is SO much fraud right now with people taking cash for other/side jobs while collecting. Unemployment payments make people lazy and less likely to look for work. If they didn't have this cushion they would be looking more seriously. Delay is all about self-responsibility as most Republicans are. Good for him.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

So how is that ivory tower doing. Thank you for still showing how woefully out of touch and ignorant of what everyday american go through you are.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Well I agree the welfare system is abused by those who could otherwise do something, but the continued tolerance of illegal immigrants doesn't help either. Without the illegals and without handouts some people would be working that are now getting by on taxpayer money.

I probably shouldn't talk though anyone can easily end up on the street these days.

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

DeLay is a criminal and a traitor who should have been executed and buried in a lime pit.

Maybe they should cut off unemployment benefits, though...

Anything which served to hasten a revolution could be a good thing !

:mufc:

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yea, that's right. How could it possibly be the fault of the government that they are unemployed. I mean interest rate movements on the basis of unemployment rates falling have nothing what so ever to do with people who are unemployed do they?

10. desi Valued Senior Member

Some are, its true. Most are not.

11. Gypsi Registered Senior Member

"So much" is how much? And according to which studies?