Will healthcare reform in the US pass?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Mar 8, 2010.

?

Will the Democrat healthcare reform pass congress and be signed into law?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2010.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Don't Know

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I think a more accurate wording would be, "Who will win this big fight, the politicians pushing healthcare reform or the American taxpayer?"

And to answer the poll question, I have no idea if healthcare reform will pass or not. I really wouldn't be surprised either way. :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

unfortunatly probably not to many stupid!#%^%!#@ idiots to realize its a good thing

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

The good news is that you're totally free to donate your own money for other peoples' medical expenses!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you mean a more dishonest one?

though I hope this bill passes but the end game should be UHC through single payer. like the well supported medicare for all.

9. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

How much will the healthcare overhaul cost American taxpayers?

Compare that to the cost in taxpayer dollars of the government telling Americans that they need to start paying their own bills (approximately $0, if my calculations are correct).

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

As usuasl a rightie misses the point. most people can't afford to pay their own bills and can't afford health insurance premiums that the whole reason reform is needed.

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

So your goal is not to save taxpayer money, but to take taxpayer money. Glad we got that cleared up.

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

No my goal is to make sure people don't die. Lives are worth more to me than money. and plus your demand is stupid. Its a actual possiblilty against a fantasy. the cost of others care is reflected in what we pay. so no matter what the amount is not 0.

13. superstring01 Moderator

Eventually, yes. I suspect that the House will pass the Senate bill within a few months and then reconcile a few differences between the two bodies.

~String

14. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Good point. I think that "Personal responsibility is teh lame." is actually one of the amendments to the Constitution.

15. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

weather you like it or not you do already.. i gaurentee if you had lets say diabetes and got laid off your prospective would change real quick.. or you would lose your house your car your everything, ohh instad of paying for incilin yourslef you do have another option.. die

16. sandy Banned Banned

I don't want the government to take over my health care. It fcks up EVERYTHING it touches. This will be no different. Long lines, waiting for critical care, death panels, abortion on demand, coverage for criminal aliens, loss of good doctors--everything that most Americans despise.

17. sandy Banned Banned

I disagree. Most Americans who have no health care insurance have chosen to prioritize something else. I can find ANYONE enough money for basic coverage but they have to give up lattes, plazma tv's, cable, dinners out etc. We have enough programs for the poor who get theirs free. These others have made CHOICES. Bad choices. And we do NOT want to pay to cover criminal aliens. I don't know what the breakdown is but we have people who do not want/have chosen not to buy insurance, people who lost theirs in job loss, criminal aliens, and a couple other groups that compromise the majority of those without insurance. The democrats have been determined to take over since Clinton. We don't want it.

18. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

couldnt be more wrong
    what if you have cancer or diabetes or another crippling disease you get laid off insurance companys wont pick you up with a pre exsisting condition so you have to pay all out of pocket.. you will lose everything that or die its your choice

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I'd like to see some form of health care established - but *nothing* like the monstrosity they've been proposing.

And no, it will never pass in it's current form. And the dummies that TRY to pass it (the current one) will find themselves out of a job after the next election.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well the government is paying huge sums for healthcare now and with healthcare costs growing far in excess of anything else, something has to be done to get these expenses under control.

I am not certian what will happen in congress over the course of the next few days and weeks. But it seems to me that the Democrats really have no choice but to pass the legislation if they hope to have chance in the elections this fall. If the fail to pass, it gives the Republicans another axe to whack over their heads. Republicans will say not only did the Dems propose a bad plan they could not govern either, the couldn't even pass their key legislative agenda from last election. I just don't see a choice for the Dems if they want to win elections this fall. But then again, Dems like Republicans have been know to to a lot of stupid stuff.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I was referring to the fact your demand is impossible.

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

spend a few years living like an average american than say that until than please remain quietly in your ivory tower.

it has nothing to do with their choices and everything to do with they can't fucking afford it. I've never interacted with any so delusionally out of touch with reality.

23. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Really? We didn't use to have a massive welfare-state. I think you're confusing "impossible" with "I don't agree with it".