Congressional estimates show grim deficit picture

Discussion in 'Politics' started by desi, Mar 7, 2010.

1. desi Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

As gas prices hit 3.00 a gallon now and food prices keep going up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Well, are rising gas prices such a bad thing? I thought that was a typical indicator that we were coming out of a recession?

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Reality

Politicians in general. The thing is that it's going to cost the people, one way or another. Hospital costs include uninsured patients, much like auto insurance. Gas prices, wars ... the question is twofold:

• What would it look like if it was McCain and a narrow GOP majority?

• What is ideal, proper, or at least desirably functional?​

I think one of the problems we're going to face is that we have yet to prove that this whole borrowing cycle works. At some point, the United States is going to have to scale back, preferably in terms of "defense". Some of that savings would be diverted to infrastructure considerations in demonstration of our commitment to maintaining the capacity to pay all this back someday. There are other ways, but not as comfortable to our lenders without the bribes inherent in our capitalistic system.

The world will underwrite this empire as long as we serve its interests. It's just like any other institutional convention.

9. desi Valued Senior Member

The people who spent the money. I don't think they were all dems. I know I wasn't in on it, I'm a dem though.