Do you support Geert Wilders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by draqon, Mar 5, 2010.

1. draqon Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DRZion Theoretical Experimentalist Valued Senior Member

Its funny how they are gaining strength in the netherlands :m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sure, why not? Everyone should get the government they deserve.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

The Dutch could do far worse than Wilders, in my opinion.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

they could also do a lot better.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's not funny.

Gee.. thanks SAM :bugeye:

Exactly. A LOT better.

10. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

But is the "better" actually running in this election? I've read in more than one place that a lot of Dutch are frustrated with the immigration situation. If the only person willing to speak out about this is an "extremist" (and I put that in quotes because I don't know enough about Wilders to know if he truly is an extremist), then an "extremist" may be what they get. :shrug:

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You all know I have nothing but contempt for the Abrahamic religions, but I strongly object to any effort to single one of them out and claim that it is substantively worse than the others. The major difference between Islam and Christianity is that it's about 600 years younger, and in fact is at a point in its evolution very similar to where Christianity was 600 years ago. Remember the 125 years of non-stop warfare as the Protestants split off from the Catholics, and then split into rival sects that fell upon one another? The Inquisition? The obliteration of the two "heathen" civilizations of the New World? The silencing of Galileo? The witch trials? The Quakers and Mennonites coming to America for relief from persecution? The violence against the Mormons? The thousand years of antisemitism that virtually defined European Christendom, culminating in the Holocaust?

The Jews are a much smaller community since they don't evangelize and must rely on reproduction for population growth. But considering what they've been up to lately, does anyone believe that a planet with a billion Jews would be any more rational and peaceful than one with a billion Muslims or or a billion Christians? Much less all three on the same poor planet?

This is the way people honor the imaginary god of Abraham. Anyone who wants to outlaw Islam should logically do the same to its sister sects.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So, Islam isn't worse than Christianity, and yet it's also 600 years backwards? There is a contradiction there. I'm not right wing, nor do I believe that banning Islam and sending believers away is a good idea, but he does make some good points about Islam. There is no moderate Islam, it does incite violence against non-Muslims, and it is responsible for keeping the rights of women back.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

How about 65 years, within my own lifetime? That's when Christians tried their damnedest to exterminate the Jews, and actually got about halfway there.

I don't think the Muslims have killed that large a percentage of the Jews in all of history. I believe their high watermark on Christians was the Ottoman slaughter of Armenians and other communities at the end of WWI, and they didn't hit the six million mark, much less the halfway point.

As for us heathens, whom Abrahamists hate even more than they hate each other, the armies of Caliph Omar certainly did a job on the Egyptians. But I have been persuaded by some of our more knowledgeable members that it was nothing like the job that the armies of Pope Urban did on the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs, much less what the Protestant armies did to their cousins in North America.

None of this excuses Islam from being supernaturalist bullshit that inspires far more evil than good, but it puts it in perspective. All of Abrahamism is supernaturalist bullshit that inspires far more evil than good. Civilization will remain in jeopardy for as long as it endures.

14. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Hmm. I must tell my wife that she should be harsher to her infidel husband.

Well, she did hit me with a iron once, but it was a glancing blow and likely deserved. She's never encouraged anyone else to hit me. do you think she should spend more time reading the Qoran until she gets the hang of it?

I really don't want to cede her any more rights than she already has, if it's just the same to you. I'm happy enough with the state of equality.

Executive summary of the foregoing: apparently spidergoat doesn't know what he's talking about.

15. superstring01 Moderator

And it was Christians who rose up against those "Christians" to defeat them and save the world from their tyranny.

What Muslims do you see rising up against the Taliban and the Ayatollah?

~String

16. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

They should reunite with Belgium. Then they could combine their royalty. I wonder if they're inter-married. I've heard the crown prince is a pedo.

Dutroux case. Creep out creepy kind of an affair and allegations.

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

America needs to be more concerned about immigration from south of the border. Illegal immigration. I think all countries have a right to strict immigration control when it is necessary.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I didn't say it prevented a good marriage, but if you look at countries where Islam is prevelent, Islamic customs encourage spousal abuse and marrying away girls as soon as they reach puberty.

When I say there is no moderate Islam, that is not to say that they are acting violent, but they are all fundamentalist, in that there is no Muslim that doesn't believe the Quran is the literal word of Allah.

19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The Taliban are the descendants of the militia that Carter and Brzezinski had the CIA put together to hold off the Russian-backed Northern Alliance. They fought for quite a while until our guys won.

As for the Ayatollah, perhaps you've forgotten the Iraq-Iran war. Saddam was our guy, and he held them off. Now that we have killed off our guy and Iraq has become a Shiite country like Iran--the only two Shiite countries of any significant size on the whole planet--we may see more cooperation than competition between the two. At that point, the Sunni/Arab hegemony that regards itself as the righteous leadership of the world's Muslims may rise up against the competition.
    Spend a couple of years living in one of the poor regions of Mexico without your U.S. credit cards and ID. Then tell us what it would take to prevent you from spending your life trying to cross the border that defines the greatest disparity in standard of living between any two adjacent nations on earth.

The difference between the USA and Mexico is greater than the difference between West Germany and East Germany, and the only way people could be stopped from trying to cross that border was to shoot them. (Ironically from the other side.)
    I've met Iranian, Palestinian and African immigrants in the USA who regard the Koran the same way many Westerners who identify themselves as Christians and Jews regard the Bible: a collection of metaphors that provide good, sensible guidelines for living honorably and creating a prosperous community.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons they came.

20. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

To be fair, I want to clarify that it was the "legality" part, not necessarily the immigration itself.

21. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

After all, I AM a cat. Meow!

22. superstring01 Moderator

Which explains their desire to come here but does not illegitimize our need to secure the border against massive illegal immigration. Understanding a person's plight does not obligate us bankrupt the republic saving them (not that illegal immigration is bankrupting the republic).

. . . is significant, but doesn't obligate the USA to solve Mexico's internal problems or equate to a "moral" obligation to open the borders to unlimited immigrants. The US has pumped billions into Mexico, bailed out the Peso about a decade ago, is their largest trading partner and benefactor, gives them unparalleled access to our economy to ship their cheap goods to (far better access than China) and yet, corporations and businesses still avoid the place like the plague because of dysfunction within the government, poor investment in infrastructure, graft, greed and insane corruption. Moreover, there's the unspoken fact that nobody says, but everybody in textiles knows: Mexicans don't work as hard as the Chinese, Indians and Vietnamese. It's not that Mexicans are lazy (I doubt few Americans would work as hard as they do or put up with the shit they do), but the retailers I have worked for know well that goods from Asia will generally fare better than those from Mexico. None of which is any more the US's fault than American corruption is Mexico's fault.

I don't think there is any real debate as to why they come, just as to our obligation to allow massive illegal immigration.

~String

23. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Do you think that matters to someone living in a place with no paved roads, no electricity, no clean water, no social services, a starvation diet, a hovel to live in, and no future for his children? While we welcome with open arms people who come from places that, from his perspective, look pretty much like America and he can't figure out why they even wanted to leave?

To someone like that, we are merely the latest incarnation of the rich assholes who have been running the world since the Bronze Age gave us the technology to do it.

"This is all for us. You stay on the outside where you belong or we'll shoot you. Until we need more slaves, of course."