Republicans are already selling access to government in order to raise money!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Mar 4, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Politico has received documents prepared by the RNC which outline the Republican strategy for the fall election campaign. It is not suprisingly more of the same, fear and ego. It is a recepie that has worked well for them in the past, until last year when the building collapsed because the foundations had become too weak to support the corruption brought about by their "fear and ego" policies.

http://dyn.politico.com/members/forums/thread.cfm?catid=1&subcatid=70&threadid=3756659

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Macabre

I like the bit in the presentation when they claim to have raised eighty one trillion dollars in 2009.

I mean, seriously: They want to help the nation? They want the economy to recover? Why are they hoarding eighty one trillion dollars? I mean, what could we do with that sort of money?

I mean, if you have more than all the money in the world, why do you need to raise funds? Simple greed?

Okay, okay, okay. Seriously, though ... apparently the eighty one million (the more likely number) they raised last year isn't enough to hire a decent copy editor.

The problem, of course, is that both parties sell access. The RNC, however, has gone out of their way to make the point explicitly.

Notes:

Republican Naitonal Committee. RNC Finance Leadership Meeting. February 18, 2010. Politico.com. March 4, 2010. http://www.politico.com/static/PPM136_100303_rnc_finance_leadership.html

Chicago Public Radio. "The Giant Pool of Money". This American Life. May 9, 2008. Old.ThisLife.org. March 4, 2010. http://old.thislife.org/extras/radio/355_transcript.pdf

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I love the line, " What can you sell when you don't own the White House, House, or Senate?

The answer: Fear

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It is digusting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Conservative diversity

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Republicans sell anything else.

Oh, sorry. Greed. They also sell greed.

And superstition. Okay, my bad. I guess they're a more diverse bunch than I would give them credit for.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

True, but they are getting pretty bold putting it in print. I understand that party leadership is a little miffed that it this got leaked out.

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

I thought they sell their own Grandmas for a cent too.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

11. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

From Source:

\=========

Oops! Sorry Tiassa. You caught it.

12. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Looks like the two parties are more or less neck and neck for the 2010 election cycle.

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It's just a funny uh-oh

Yeah. It's a fun little editing glitch:

• In 2009, the RNC raised $81,255,000 million.

(Republican National Committee)

You have to scroll down a few pages in the presentation to the "What We Raised" page.

Notes:

Republican Naitonal Committee. RNC Finance Leadership Meeting. February 18, 2010. Politico.com. March 4, 2010. http://www.politico.com/static/PPM136_100303_rnc_finance_leadership.html

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

81 trillion is larger than the US Gross Domestic Product. It is more than the entire US money supply. No wonder no one has any money, the GOP has it. Who gave it to them?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But aside from that, the GOP is calling their poor followers reactionary...not a very flatering description. And the material calls their richer devotees as egotistical. I wonder how their followers feel about the Republican leaderships description of them.

15. CaliforniaDreamer Registered Member

LOL @ the Republican Party. They're becoming more and more of a joke every day. It would be ridiculous if they weren't so influential.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It overstated, not understated, the figure.

And featured some other minor failures of editing - a notable feat considering the lack of complexity in the prose. And check out the organizational chart on page 28 - apparently Debbie reports to the Finance Chairman and the Finance Director (who report to each other, with the Chairman reporting to the RNC Chairman), "E-finance" (sic) has no support staff (and is handled directly by the Finance Director, separate from the "Internet"), and a three (four?) level six job chart is apparently beyond the capabilities of the presenter in all respects except the ability to select box shapes of as wide a variety as possible from the Powerpoint chartjunk menu.

These guys are clowns. Powerpoint?

17. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Other than getting a chuckle at seeing the republicans caught with their pants down I'm trying to understand what exactly about this story is newsworthy. I mean seriously, shock and outrage at the idea politicians sell fear and access? Did anyone really need it spelled out for them in a power-point presentation? Or are we just humiliated because now we know that they know and we can't pretend anymore?

Unfortunately my fear is that many people really didn't realize and even further that many democrats think this is just another perversion of the morally corrupt republicans.

Forget CO2, I despair at the amount of stupid there is in the world.

~Raithere

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well now you have something the dittoheads cannot just rack up to "liberal" name calling. You have the Republican Party leadership calling their supporters reactionary and egotistical. If the dittoheads have any gray matter at all and if the egotisitical can get past their egos one might think they would be a little offended at being manipulated by the Republican Party leadership. Now those "ifs" are huge, and the outcome remains to be seen?

Personally I doubt that anything will change the minds of the dittohead following, at best they will move to the Tea Bag Party, if they have not already done so. But guess what Tea Baggers meet your new leadership and financial backers... the old leadership of the Republican Party.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  19. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

Both use fear tactics and more.

Citizens fall for one or the other and are blind, particularly to the hypocrisy, and never hold anyone's feet to the fire on either side, but especially not on the side they've chosen. Hypocrites all.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

20. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Hehe, like Democrats selling us a fear of Republicans?

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You underestimate the ability of the believers to pretend.
    We have always had far more than a sufficiency of that. The rightwing will rack it up to "both sides do the same" - as they have been doing when flagrantly busted since Nixon.

One overlooked aspect: the childishness, the crude simplicity, the below-grade crib-toy brightly colored and empty headed nature of that 72 page presentation.

Whether a product of extraordinary calculated contempt or quite revealing sincerity, that's a news item.

And it's a news item not one major news outlet can touch.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Indeed, it has been obvious to any unbiased observer for decades not the GOP has mastered the art of deception, lies and fear in their marketing to the electorate. Now there is evidence, written evidence, that is is no accident.

23. C-Moon Registered Senior Member

Yes, exactly.

Fear is a staple of fundraising in both parties.

Anyone shocked or in denial about this should prolly stay away from politics.