Thread locking spree!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by funkstar, Apr 21, 2006.

1. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Goofyfish, I think you're overreacting a bit with the thread locking, and moreso with the post editing.

It's a discussion forum, and discussion is bound to become heated at times. Hell, profanity and even personal comments have their merit at times. A discussion forum that doesn't allow for passionate exchange is not a discussion forum but a nursery.

Post editing removes the context, thereby rendering threads unintelligible, and should be kept to a minimum.

So, please, ease off a little. Seeing half the front page locked is not going to encourage anyone.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

funkstar:
    No, he's not. This forum is being continuously spammed by one particular individual who is strongly anti-Arab and anti-Muslim, and must have a dozen sockpuppets at this board. What is worse, I've seen this exact same poster spam TWO other forums with the exact same anti-Arab content.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. OliverJ Banned Banned

Your outta your mind!!! Anti muslim?!!
    Wha tabout the freak from swisscheese land, post after post after post of America bashing !! Not one of his post is locked. NOT ONE ! Give it a rest with the anti muslim rant.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No Oliver, he's not from Switzerland, he's from down under.

8. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

This forum is undermoderated, if anything. Quit your whining, I wish goofy would ban those anti-muslim/arab and anti-semitic scum.

9. OliverJ Banned Banned

Im not talking bout Adolf Foley - Im talking about Solve et Coagula. Must be sad to live a life like these two. Filled with so much hate and envy.

10. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I am with commie hammie, we need more moderation.

11. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

well said.

12. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Indeed. Pity he wasn't here during the Happeh phase.

13. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

its all ok with me, however some times it can get a little heated, and oliverJ there are more Pro_israeli/US poster here than pro-Arab/Muslim, or however you would like to distinguish

Perhaps we should do a poll

what do you think Goofyfish????

14. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Overheated threads, hell no. Spamming useless unconstructive crap, that's what it is. People are beiing discouraged that these people are NOT beiing banned and most of their threads are NOT locked.

Don't waste your time on this thread goofy

15. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

we should still do a poll i reckon, come on goofy that would be good

16. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

First: You have message that you have not read prior to your post.

Second:
    I am involved in heated discussions all the time without having to resort to profanity or personal attacks. Members that cannot express themselves without resorting to this style of "discussion" should absolutely explore other forums that allow it.

Please explain how a comment beginning, "Haven't got an internet dick to wave around? Call 1-800..." contributed anything to an on-going discussion. Posts that go after a member, rather than their views are edited or deleted regardless of how you feel they might affect a thread. If members don't want a thread edited, they should be passionate but civil.

When people find an individual irritating and resort to verbally assaulting them rather than demonstrating the ability to ignore them, that is the stuff of nurseries.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

LOL - who said "Haven't got an internet dick to wave around? Call 1-800..." ? That's funny.

Well, I apologize if I've been too harsh or insulting. I at least try (try) to make them amusing insults.

Maybe I should be banned? Shit, I just realized that by calling for my own banning, I should probably be banned. And now I swore.

Goodbye, cruel forum.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Geoff

18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Welcome back Goofyfish! You've been missed! Glad to see you straightening out the silliness running rampant around here. Now, let me mind my own P's & Q's....

19. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

yay for goofyfish! keep the moderation coming!

edit*
    you know, with all the hatred going around, maybe we should allow members to buy a temporary ban on another member =]. I bet we would meet our goal quickly, but the forum would be silent for a week =]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  20. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Hmm, maybe he should just give me that power.

21. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I second that.

22. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

23. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I didn't see that. I agree, by the way, but I don't think moderation will help.
    Fair enough.
    Well, it was supposed to be a humourous comment on Foley's argumentation. You know, as a light hearted way to tell him (and others) that using other posters agreement with him as an argument is not valid. I could also have written that he was full of shit, but that would have been crude.
    Fair enough. You're the moderator, so it's your decision, of course. Just wanted to raise a voice of dissent. In any case, it seems that most people disagree with me anyway...